Reaching Montreal at 3am after a short detour to see the gorgeous stars by the farm at the border between USA and Canada, we felt the hunger pangs nudge our tummies. So our host, Chef Annis whipped up sausages + instant noodles at her place and Voila~ our supper at 5am in the morning. Really delicious! Slept with a full tummy and woke up at 2pm :/
Had brunch at De farine & d'eau fraiche which means 'of flour & fresh water'. Shared an awesome panini with Xiu and had a huge cup of au chocolat for myself. An awesome, quaint cafe worth visiting. One thing I noticed about Montreal was that people enjoyed seating at the terrace - with the extreme weather conditions sometimes, will appreciate it heaps when the sun does emerge!
The inside of the cafe - I tried my luck at French to the lady at the counter.
After brunch, we headed to the biggest library in Montreal - it was H.U.G.E. but amazing nonetheless :D I love books and I love libraries. I wouldn't mind being locked in the library with all these books - but downside is that most are probably in French!
Love the snapshot below as I was walking down the street. One thing I like about Montreal is that it's so rich with culture, interlaced with modernism and history dating back centuries. Something which you can never experience back in Singapore. Oh how I miss you already!
Random graffiti art:
Me with the five stone ring Xiu bought from the National Museum of Singapore - green polka dots! Love the combination, I have a skirt of the similar color and design.
For dinner, Pat brought us to the Japanese place where she used to work part-time! We had sashimi and lotsa yummy makis :D
A quiet end to the first night at Montreal, but the start of many more memories to come ~


No comments:
Post a Comment